I'm too tired
It's the weekend after the wedding and we're supposed to be in relaxation mode for the Summer, but there's still too many things on my list to do yet. As always, I've made too many promises and am generally too damn picky to just leave things as they are. So of course my "to do" list is a mile long.
I'm still trying to focus on only the important things, but it seems like there are so many important things. The truth of the matter is, there's not much important going on now. So then... what am I so busy with? This reminds me to start prioritizing what's going on in life. I am getting better at focusing on the important things and doing them first. I am, by far, no expert... but I am getting better, and that’s what counts to me.
I have no real goals at the moment… or I’ve forgotten. Without goals I am always in a bad place. Because then I just work and work on all the stupid non-sensical things. Whatever’s right in front of me. I have so many projects to choose from, but none chosen, none planned out.
Well, I do have one plan. Each Summer I seem to end up working extra, and each Winter I seem to take time off. This year I have decided to switch it around, and like most people, enjoy the Summer. No extra side work (if I can help myself). And lots of visiting friends and trips to the beach and country.
Ok… I’m inspired to at least go sit in bed and do some creative writing instead of continuing to work and put myself asleep at the computer. Maybe I’ll work on a movie script. :)

1 Comments:
Nick, congratulations on creating this blog. You've inspired me--I'm now going to actually use the blog I just recently signed up for. (It's << ad7am.blogspot.com >> if you're interested, but just knowing that you might read it will help me to hold myself accountable.)
So I said **use** above because a blog seems to be the perfect place to keep your goals present in your life. After all, for as many times as we'll read this site, you're the one who's going to have it in front of you week after week. So why not create a post just titled "Goals". And then follow up with categorizing your posts accordingly.
Addressing your health (for some reason there's no Comments button on the posts above) is another perfect use for the blog. I for one am going to keep an accounting of my weight and bodyfat percentage in my posts. (It might even give me an excuse to post naked pix of myself like I've always wanted to do. ;p )
And one last thing. You're great Nick. Always have been, always will be. You're one of my best friends an I love & appreciate you. And for taking it easy this summer, please plan on bringing the family up to spend weekends with us at the beach. Anytime.
Again, congrats on the blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home